Monday, August 14, 2006

It is Monday night and I am home. Daddy’s 88th was wonderful and his 82 year old brother who has the same birth date flew in from TX and they along with their 86 year old sister and my Mom and my aunt and me and my hub were all together Saturday night.

I have prayed many times that Sebastian would have a good long full life, maybe even live as long as my Daddy. He is now 3 weeks old!

Please praise the Lord for His continuing protections and mercies and love for precious Sebastian as big steps are about to take place.

Please pray that the casts on his legs may only need to be changed once more and that his legs will be fine. Please pray that he will continue to be able to eat from a bottle- he did very well today in his one feeding, but he still gets most nutrition from a tube into his little tummy. Please pray his lungs will develop and be healthy-he is still on oxygen and his saturation levels vary.

The docs hope to move him by ambulance this week to another hospital and out of intensive care. This is a big step. Please pray it will only happen if this is best for Sebastian and that he continues to be protected from Satan and danger and physical, emotional and mental harm.

It is so difficult to explain how little dear Sebastian has changed our lives forever. He has been through more than all of us put together and yet is so very tiny. I cannot describe to you the anguish I have seen on his little face….the bruises and injuries to his fragile body.

But our Lord’s touch in his little life and tiny body has touched our lives forever…. leaving us without words or even thoughts…..just so very humbled and so very thankful….…..in a way which once again makes me want to echo words of the hymn we sang at church yesterday….

“Let all mortal flesh keep silent………..ponder nothing earthly minded”

They cried to You and were saved; in You they trusted and were not disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home