Thursday, August 03, 2006

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.”

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentation 3: 21-26

Today I was in Sebastian’s room and a lady was so quietly cleaning his room you might not notice her. I had been holding his little hand and singing to him through the port hole of his little house.

She and I spoke to one another and then we were both quiet. I am really not sure who spoke next but we exchanged words…her comments were sort of broken, but so very clear….

She looked at me and then at Sebastian. She said “he will be ok…the spirit…I say a prayer each room…… I mop the floors…not my job… I do it for the babies…”

I asked her name. She said Ethel. I told her I would pray for her.

I still have not told you about Frances. She took a seat by Mick, Luke and me last week on the completely empty hospital patio. We said hi to each other. She is a security guard here. Somehow we communicated that we are both Christians, that we love the Lord.

I told her a little about Sebastian. I did not need to tell her much. She seemed to know.

Her eyes were so deep. She looked into the distance, a look I do not think I will ever forget. She said, he will be all right. I see it……………

I asked why she sat by us when the patio was empty. She said the Lord told her to.

Luke and I have certain things we do at the hospital. It has been unbearably hot, so we have made up indoor activities. We go to the bear room. We go to the flower shop. We sit and look at fish in the aquarium in the waiting room.

Two fish actually came right over to me looking me in the eyes…they were so close to me even Luke chuckled…it was as if they were talking to me. They were angel fish. I think God really has a sense of humor. I named the fish Frances and Ethel.

I wanted to tell you all those things, but what I have to say next will make me cry so I saved it until last. It is hard to see the keyboard with tear filled eyes.



Yesterday they took Sebastian off the ventilator and just put a special pressure oxygen tube in his nose. That means nothing was down his throat.

I was the first to be in his room after the docs finished.

For the first time I saw and heard our tiny grandchild…..,our precious gift from the Lord ….I saw Sebastian open his beautiful tiny mouth and I heard him cry…………

They cried to You and were saved, in You they trusted and were not disappointed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home