Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August 1, 2006

“No, in all these thing we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8: 37-39

A bird is sitting on the window sill outside the little house Rob has rented across from the hospital where Sebastian sleeps. He looks in at me periodically and I out at him. We are not two feet apart but glass separates us. I am listening to music on my computer…Christ the Lord has risen today.
Liz is downstairs with Libby, as Taylor is with Luke. Jon and his little family are doing the last few things at their home they are moving from this afternoon. Rob is at work.
Today Liz went up with Taylor to Sebastian’s room at the NICU. I kept the two little people. We watched digger trucks from a hallway view out to the work sight. We then went to the bear room, a little area where stuffed animal gaze out of windows to little eyes returning the look.
Soon Liz came down with a light in her eyes…you must go up Mom.
Is she holding him, I asked? Yes, she said, she is holding him.
I hurried through the halls with tears filling my eyes.
There they were… a sight not my eyes nor my mind could not comprehend. Little Sebastian for the first time being held close to his Mommy’s breast…never such a look of peace had I seen on his face.
I returned to the chapel and thanked our Lord once more for what doc after doc said was impossible…..for the life of little Sebastian, for His leading and hand throughout all of this, for His angels, for the amazing and caring staff.
Mick told me yet today of another email he received in which a woman said her entire church is praying for Sebastian. Seems thousands must be praying for this Little One.
He has now had his first tube feeding-please pray all aspects of his digestive system function perfectly – that he digests and eliminates perfectly. Pray as docs plan to put casts on his legs for club feet that all goes perfectly. Please pray there will be no new complications and that Sebastian will continue to grow in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man
As you pray for God to continually protect Sebastian in all ways, please thank our most loving and Almighty God for all He has done and continues to do….for His love

Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8: 37-39

They cried to You and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home