Saturday, August 05, 2006

Blessed is she who has believed what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.

This morning I went to see our precious little Sebastian. All four of his fingers wrap around the first joint of my pointer finger. His head is about the size of my palm. His 21 month old brother Luke’s four fingers wrap around my first two joints and their daddy’s four fingers wrap around the length of my entire finger.

I have held each of those three hands many times.

Today when I entered the room Melanie, the nurse who yesterday got a sad face sticker because she complained when she was not allowed to be Sebastian’s nurse for the day, asked me I wanted to hold my grandson.

I put on the yellow gown and sat down. She arranged all the tubes and hoses.

Then she handed this little bundle to me.

And for the first time I held this precious gift from the Lord.

His tiny fingers wrapped around the first joint of my pointer finger.

After an indescribable hour, I floated out of the NICU and out of the hospital.

I called Mick. I told him about my holding Sebastian………I also told him that at that very moment the bright blue sky held one white billowy cloud which blocked the sun and truly caused a silver lining with rays that spread out across the sky…………..

Please continue your thanks to our Almighty Lord and your prayers for His continuing hand of protection on this tiny babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home