Sunday, November 26, 2006

I cannot go to sleep this nineteen week birthday of Sebastian’s without telling you what his three year old cousin said when he spent the night with us couple of weeks ago. The grandchildren call me C.C. and Nathan is thrilled when he can spend the night at C.C. s and of course she is too!

Nathan has not met his cousin yet and has only seen pictures of him and has heard stories. Mick has enlarged the picture that was on the last blog posting and has it hanging in our kitchen.

As Nathan looked at the picture this particular night, I could not imagine what he was thinking as he saw the tubes in the nose of his little cousin. He had a most interesting look on his face, one totally unfamiliar to me.

I looked at Nathan and explained that the reason for the yellow tube in Sebastian’s nose is that he cannot yet eat by himself so Rob and Taylor feed him through the tube.

Nathan’s gaze seemed more intense. I tried so hard to explain what he was seeing. How could his little mind comprehend this? Then I pointed out the additional tubes going into each of Sebastian’s nostrils and explained that he cannot yet breathe on his own so those tubes give him oxygen.

Nathan took a deep breath and looked up at me. Joy filled my soul when little three year old wisely said,

“But, he’s smiling, C.C.”


They cried to You and were saved; in You they trusted and were not disappointed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home