Thursday, October 26, 2006

October 26, 2006 9:19PM

Many of you know that many years ago God led me to a method of having my quiet time that suits me so very well. First, I let Him know about all of my thoughts…my praises, my concerns, etc. Then I ask Him to lead me to two pages in His word that He wants me to read. This results in Him giving me the verse He wants me to have for that day.

What verse would He give me this day….this most long awaited and prayed for day? The early morning of this day that Little One would be dismissed from the hospital….three months after his birth, seven months after the news that he seemed to be in serious danger. What would our most merciful Lord say to me on this early morning of this long to be remembered day?

Then there is was in Malachi:

But for you who revere My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings.

I thought of those words and I thought of dear Little One and his struggles. And I thought of the song I have sung to him every day I have seen him since he was born…..

Jesus loves you this I know
for the Bible tells me so.
Little Ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong

And my tears began to flow and could not be stopped.

In the midst of the hubbub of DC, when I left for the hospital, I heard a familiar tune on from a street corner saxophone player. Soon it came to me.
“Amazing grace how sweet the sound….

"Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come;
Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me, His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures"

The day at the hospital was long. Much was to be learned and to be done. Oxygen and feeding and breathing treatments and monitors and so much more.

At last we drove home with Little One. When we arrived his brother Luke greeted him with a grin that would not stop!

And tonight a picture in my mind to cherish forever: his Mommy sat on the sofa in their living room and in her arms she held precious Little One.

Please continue to praise our mighty Lord for His mercy and love and ask for His continued protections from Satan and danger, physical, emotional, spiritual and mental harm for this precious Little One.
They cried to you and were saved; in You they trusted and were not disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home