Monday, July 10, 2006

There is a group of women who are in a situation similar to ours where there is little or no amniotic fluid. Daily we share stories and concerns. Below is a recent one followed by my response. I share it because I believe it will help you better understand the situation.

Hi All,

Well I was kinda hoping that mine would be one of those miracle stories, however it wasn't meant to be....I went into labour in the early hours of wednesday 5th July (at 37 weeks exactly) - and delivered a beautiful baby boy who we named Ben by c section at 10am.

Unfortunately he had pulmonary hypoplasia and they couln't get oxygen into him, he died very shortly after birth.He weighed 7lb 15 oz and was perfect in every way, except his lungs didn't work.

He looked just like his big brothers and when I held in him my arms he just looked like he was asleep. I held him in my arms for the rest of the day and I cherish that time so much (this is something I am so glad I did).

I sat and kissed him, cuddled him and stroked him and studied him so much so that I can see him now when I shut my eyes. He was lovely.I thought I could imagine how this would feel, however there is no way I could of imagined the pain I feel right now. My heart goes out to anyone who has gone through this or will go through this.


Dear

I have read and reread your email and the outpouring of love and concern from these wonderfully supportive ladies.

Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful story of Ben. I am sure there are more people than you can imagine who are so full of sorrow for you and with you…. more than you can imagine who are praying for you….all of us wishing we could give you more than cyber hugs.

As a grandma living this day to day with my son and daughter in law, living in their house, going through the challenges of now 73 days of bedrest for Mommy, and Daddy trying to work and be a husband, having a delightful 20 month old who keeps us so often from going into the doldrums, I remain hopeful for a miracle from God as you did. Taylor has had no measurable fluid the docs can see the since week 12 when she only had a three.

We are now at week 31 waiting for delivery at week 34 or 36.

Once again I say thank you for sharing your story of Ben. Although I cannot imagine his face as you can, I imagine the picture of the two of you and it is a beautiful picture.

Regardless of what God’s plan is for our Little One, I will hold onto words like those of the hymn we sang at church yesterday. May such words help you too.

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
To you that for refuge to Jesus have fled?

“Fear not, I am with thee; O be not dismayed!
For I am thy God, and will give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My righteous omnipotent hand.”

“When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
my grace all-sufficient shall be thy supply;
the flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine”

The soul that to Jesus hath fled for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell shall endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no, never, no, never forsake.”

As a woman who has lived a lot of years and has seen her son go through many trials, this is truly one beyond my wildest imaginings. At first the pain of what seemed inevitable was unbearable. To see your child in such anguish is unbearable without God.

Now it is as if God has actually taken this burden onto Himself.

One thing keeps striking me too. If it is His purpose to take Little One to Himself at birth, then I know we have not lost Little One because we know where he will be.

An older, wiser friend also told me to know in my heart and mind that Little One will either live here or with God, for no matter what he lives.

So it is with Ben. He lives.

And we will see him again. For we grieve, but not without hope. May you feel God’s everlasting arms beneath you as He sustains you.

Please forgive my lengthy email, but you have been on my heart so much and I wanted to give you words to comfort you, in addition to the prayers I lift up for you and your family.

May you know His comfort and peace today and always,
Susan

....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home