Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I am sitting in the DC airport waiting for my flight, a most normal yet currently heart wrenching experience. Taylor came home from the hospital last night. She told me this morning that the NICU people did come to her room after I left yesterday. Her doctor had warned us that they would be coming. She told us to take their gloom and doom with a grain of salt. That is their job. But how do you do that? How does the jury disregard statements that are made?
They have no hope because of her situation. They tell the details of what heartbreaking things we might expect. I asked if they offered any hope. She said no.
I said we will have hope because our God tells us to.
I hope to return one week from today. Telling my son goodbye this morning… leaving Taylor lying in her bed….watching Luke and Keyla ( the nanny) wave goodbye from the front yard as my taxi pulled away…..pulls on my heart in a way I cannot put into words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home